Author Topic: Who can join?  (Read 2185 times)

Gen. Dreedle

• Commander, Alabama wing, Confederate Air Farce
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Who can join?
« on: May 25, 2010, 08:22:31 PM »
Should be titled "who can't join".

If you:

Have no respect for folks who work in the high-end industry, you can not join.

If you come here to see how long it takes to get under my skin, you can't join.

If you want Blowtorch schematics, you can join, but you won't get any! (Because there aren't any.)*

If you are here to reverse-engineer stuff, you can't join.

If you are here to peddle stuff, without making useful content contributions, you can't join.

If all you want to do is post cartoons, you can't join.

If you want us to design your senior design project, you can't join.

If you are trolling for design help/ideas, especially if we think you are in the business of selling stuff, you can not join.

If you have a habit of copying other peoples' work, (and try to pawn it off as original work!), you can not join.

if you sell counterfeit parts, you obviously can not join.

If you think you are smarter than everyone else, and want to flog that, why would you want to join?

If you are smarter than everyone else, but have a sense of humility, you may join. If you can lower yourself to our level.

Finally............

If you have annoyed me in the past, on other forums, yeah, you can't join. (Did you really need to ask?)

If you want to discuss audio stuff, without the usual op-amp and/or cap swapping, and/or geeky-tweaky nonsense, you can join.

If you need to be educated about the basics of electronics, you may want to read The Art of Electronics, or something similar, first. Then, and only then, you can join. (Nothing personal, but it gets mundane, for some of us, to explain the simple concepts, over and over. We know that everyone is not going to as experienced as the most senior members. No one expects you to be. Just don't expect us to be the sole source of your education.)

If you have a sense of humor, and can tolerate some "give and take", you can join.

Jocko

* = The only reason "blowtorch is mentioned is to see how many people get sucked in, by Googling that term. (Call it "proving a point", to some stubborn guy. Help me prove my point!)
« Last Edit: May 25, 2010, 08:24:18 PM by Jocko »
"Major Danby, sir."
"Danby. D-A-N-B-Y."
"Take him out and shoot him."
"Sir?"
"I said take him out and shoot him. Can't you hear?"