Author Topic: Old times....  (Read 488 times)

MystereoN

• The Brave die once, a coward dies a thousand times
    • View Profile
Old times....
« on: November 30, 2016, 01:28:45 PM »
I was too late to the party, and would have liked to be here at that time.

Me too....
Never argue with a fool,
they will drag you down to their level,
then beat you with their experience!!!

Gen. Dreedle

• Commander, Alabama wing, Confederate Air Farce
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Old times....
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2016, 09:22:58 PM »
One day, back in the late 90s.........................

A guy that didn't have a good impression of me, over at The Pub, sent me an e-mail. (I forget who he was, but I think he was from Denmark. Or one of those other Nordic bastions of comm'nism.)

"I don't know why I am bothering to send this to you, since I doubt you will even read it, let alone answer, but just in case, here goes.................." (Paraphrasing, a bit: it was a long time ago.)

I spent over an hour, hammering out a detailed response. I forget the subject, but he got his question(s) answered, in full and quite detailed.

So, he promptly replies:

"WOW! Not expecting any sort of answer, I got a lot more than I ever hoped for. I am really impressed that you would think that much about me, even though we don't get along, to give me that much of a reply."

"I answer all of my mail, and give full attention to each and every one of them. If someone puts in the time and effort, to ask thoughtful questions, they deserve the same in response." (Even though he didn't spend anywhere near 1 hour to type out his original message.)

He further thanked me, and commented that I was a much different person, out of public sight.

I explained to him that my posts, on the forum, might be a form of intelligence test.

(Vonnegut fans should be able to figure that one out.)

"We hate Malachi Constant because......................"
"Major Danby, sir."
"Danby. D-A-N-B-Y."
"Take him out and shoot him."
"Sir?"
"I said take him out and shoot him. Can't you hear?"