Author Topic: Monkey men all..........in business suits.....................  (Read 605 times)

Gen. Dreedle

• Commander, Alabama wing, Confederate Air Farce
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Monkey men all..........in business suits.....................
« on: October 18, 2016, 06:14:44 AM »
Teachers and critics
All dance the POOT.

Are we not men?
We are DEVO.

https://www.linkedin.com/in/jocko-homoe-1a7194130
"Major Danby, sir."
"Danby. D-A-N-B-Y."
"Take him out and shoot him."
"Sir?"
"I said take him out and shoot him. Can't you hear?"

Kryten

• Huh.
    • View Profile
Re: Monkey men all..........in business suits.....................
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2016, 06:36:10 AM »
So you designed 'Bird Brain®' irrigation systems ?...
Been fixing and listening to audio for waaay too long....

Gen. Dreedle

• Commander, Alabama wing, Confederate Air Farce
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2017, 10:18:02 AM »
Well, not actually.

Not a fan of their crap.

First, their so-called 17 mm drip irrigation tubing is really 16 mm. You don't find that out until you have to repair one of their crappy lines with one of your 17 mm fittings. (If you look closely, you will see they call their fittings 16 mm.) Plus, they don't make drip tubing with the  right precipitation rate, for heavy clay soils. Not that many irrigators understand that...........................

(You will see tons of commercial installations with the wrong tubing. Even ones using other brands. Mainly because irrigators are both lazy and stupid. Easier to use a high-flow tubing, since you can program the controller the same as you would with a pop-up spray head. Idiots!)

Their controllers are ok. You see lots in use. We prefer Crap-o-matic ones. We started using them since they were the first "smart" ET-based controllers. As we found out, the hard way, they over-water, by around 20-25%. (And if you try to back it off, by that same amount, they go bonkers! That, and they don't work right if you try to get creative, in the programming. That, and they fired their customer support engineer, and now don't even offer new firmware, even if you drive to the factory, and drop it off.) (BTW, the other "smart" controllers are even worse. Most over-water by more than 100%.)

Bird Brain pop-up heads are decent. Although we prefer to use MP rotators heads. Even though they are now owned by Hunter. (Who changed the nozzles on the PGP rotators. Which are the most popular ones around. Which means if you replace rotator, and don't re-use the existing nozzle, you now have precipitation rates and throw radii that no longer match. Ooops...............) (And since we have already conclude irrigators are lazy and stupid...............)

So much for all my degrees in EE and former work in an R&D lab. You do what you need to do to put food on the table.
"Major Danby, sir."
"Danby. D-A-N-B-Y."
"Take him out and shoot him."
"Sir?"
"I said take him out and shoot him. Can't you hear?"

Kryten

• Huh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2017, 04:36:49 AM »
I found out that if one leg of the 1000m two wire line is grounded by wet dirt over an uninsulated connection at the far end, the two line acts as an unloaded current transformer.
The office CCU got lightning splattered big time several times before I got called in to diagnose and sort it out.
Moral 1 of the story, always make sure that the two wire line is totally insulated from terrestrial ground.
Moral 2 of the story, gas arrestors, transorbs and MOVs don't work.
Moral 3 of the story, onsite IT guys are clueless.

Been fixing and listening to audio for waaay too long....