Author Topic: Probably None of Our Business, Pars Deux  (Read 3183 times)

seagreen

• View Profile
No double blind testing was used in the making of this post.

Gen. Dreedle

• Commander, Alabama wing, Confederate Air Farce
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Probably None of Our Business, Pars Deux
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2012, 09:02:14 PM »
Saw that, 'bout an hour ago. I had the identical thought. And they wonder why no one who isn't a horse's butt will post there.

Implies they are horse's butts.................and that beach bum is the newest and most obvious.
"Major Danby, sir."
"Danby. D-A-N-B-Y."
"Take him out and shoot him."
"Sir?"
"I said take him out and shoot him. Can't you hear?"

seagreen

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2012, 04:17:37 AM »
Recent continued postings from two experts outside North America kinda suggest that the threshold for getting banned have either been raised significantly over the past ten or so years, or, that if you sling dung in one particular direction you get a pass.  (not Nelson Pass, either)

Y'know...  It really appears crueler and more mean spirited than anything anybody has ever said here.  Of course, we might have a sense of humor or at least imagine that we do.

zinsula

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2012, 08:29:42 AM »
Recent continued postings from two experts outside North America kinda suggest that the threshold for getting banned have either been raised significantly over the past ten or so years, [...]
The answer is simple:
They're double blind reading these posts, but did not find any offense in them.

seagreen

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2012, 08:47:54 AM »
I knew somebody would have an answer!  Makes perfect sense.

Gen. Dreedle

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2012, 01:14:25 PM »
I will not enter in any controversial discussion about the following, consider-it as a totaly subjective remark, but i have always found that current feedback topologies bring something very natural and fluid in the sound reproduction texture. And many others who had tasted to it report the same and never go back.

What he really means to say:

"Don't question me, about anything I do. I am right. But, I will question you, about everything you do, because you are an arrogant American. And I, of course, am French, above reproach. Deal with it."

Now I know what his other problem is: he can't hear. My fave topology......................current feedback!

Translation: I know lots folks who have tried current feedback, and most came to the opposite conclusion. I know one that didn't, but that series of amps didn't last very long. He wouldn't admit it, but I know lots of folks told him they sucked!

At least they told me they told him. Maybe they didn't...............maybe they just told me, and hoped I will tell him.
"Major Danby, sir."
"Danby. D-A-N-B-Y."
"Sir?"

seagreen

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2012, 04:18:41 PM »
Well, let them eat snails, I say.

MystereoN

• The Brave die once, a coward dies a thousand times
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2012, 12:32:01 PM »
(Unless you are Irish.) (In which case you will just copy what you read here, after arguing for 3 years it can't work.)

U JUST CRACK ME UP!
Never argue with a fool,
they will drag you down to their level,
then beat you with their experience!!!

Gen. Dreedle

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2012, 02:25:18 PM »
Well?

Tell me where I am wrong.

Maybe it was 4 years.................not that it matters.

More annoying is that he not only misunderstood how things work, but the concept of "it gets rid of the jitter that is caused by problems at the interface" magically gets transformed into "it gets rid of jitter".

You would be surprised by the mail I have received, over the years, fueled to a large degree by that jackass misquoting what I/we/us wrote, in all those food fights. Some folks actually think that will get rid of all the jitter, and want to know how much attenuation it takes to get all the jitter out of their DAC.

So, he is not alone, when it comes to total and complete stupidity. Maybe, in some cases, it might merely be ignorance. Which can be fixed. But any redneck knows you can't fix stupid.
"Major Danby, sir."
"Danby. D-A-N-B-Y."
"Sir?"

seagreen

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2012, 06:19:38 PM »
I was going to make Yet Another Lame Ettempt (YALE) at a smart-ass answer.  Something about needing a can of Jitter B Gone.  While looking for a suitable can graphic, I came upon this:

http://highscalability.com/blog/2012/3/26/7-years-of-youtube-scalability-lessons-in-30-minutes.html

Yeah, I know it's more Net Nerd stuff, but they have a good point about jitter in their system that applies here, too.

How many of these guys actually understand jitter, phase noise, what its effects are, and even vaguely what might cause it all?  Not so much the details of whether -97 dBc/Hz at 1 Hz offset causes 14 dB of degradation, but just what the hell any of it means?  A problem, I'd suggest...

Back to YALE!  Boolah boola!

MystereoN

• The Brave die once, a coward dies a thousand times
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2012, 02:08:46 PM »
Well?

Tell me where I am wrong.

You're not wrong. I can remember those days & food fight about long/short cables, attenuators, reflections,...
But remark about that famous Irishman just crack me up  :)
Never argue with a fool,
they will drag you down to their level,
then beat you with their experience!!!