Author Topic: What do whales eat?  (Read 1497 times)

Gen. Dreedle

• Commander, Alabama wing, Confederate Air Farce
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
What do whales eat?
« on: October 04, 2011, 05:37:19 PM »
Now that we have Steve Dunlop here, I can post this. Probably best to post here, so as not to sully the forum any further than I usually do.

Back in the late 80s, someone we all know (yes, it was Phred!) found a colour post card of a rather portly chap, in a white uniform of sorts, grilling steaks over a fairly serious looking open-flame grill. There was a placard above stating "WE FEATURE JITNEY JUNGLE 'SAVORY AGED' STEAKS". So, Phred took the post card, slapped it on a sheet of paper, typed NEW PRODUCT NEWS next to it, with the following text below it. He sent the finished paper to a famous audio designer buddy, who hung it up in the factory. It might still be there, but I have not been there in years, so who knows. Anyway, here 'tis:

Krill introduced its latest bid for high-end overkill with the introduction of the 100 Krillowatt combination Class AAA amplifier and grill. Reported to have been inspired by the Harvey Roseybuns designed "MOSCOMODE BLACK HOLE", the Krill is claimed to be able to "drive speakers to ridiculous levels" while frying up to 100 pounds of animal carcasses. The designer, Dan D'amnedmosquito is pictured either adjusting the bias or prodding some animal flesh. (We are not sure as the reviewer present said he was "pretty blasted by that point".) One detractor present was rumored to have noticed a sizzle. Dan explained that it was only the sound of animal fat dripping on the heat sinks and recommended that serious listening be delayed until after dinner. One order has already been placed by "Silly Bob's Steakhouse and World's Loudest Titty Bar". Dan is reported to now be working on a car amplifier to be called the "Roadkrill".

Only Phred could have come up with that one.....

"Why not you?"

I don't eat steak. (Don't say that too loud: I live in Texas.)
"Major Danby, sir."
"Danby. D-A-N-B-Y."
"Take him out and shoot him."
"Sir?"
"I said take him out and shoot him. Can't you hear?"