Author Topic: What is so great about this book?  (Read 1449 times)

Gen. Dreedle

• Commander, Alabama wing, Confederate Air Farce
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
What is so great about this book?
« on: October 04, 2011, 05:00:57 PM »
More than one person has contacted me today asking "Did you have that POC book 'Gray and Squirrel'? Can you think of a more useless text book?"

(Actually, I can!)

Anyway, this was the textbook for electronics at a lot of universities in the 60s and 70s. I have no idea why. As you can see, mine has not been opened since I left university, and not a whole lot more when I was there. Frankly, I learned a lot more out of old ARRL books that stodgy tomes like this. The covers are worn off of them, as testament to their usefulness.

So, if anyone can 'splain why this is so good, I sure would like to hear about. Maybe if we had attended MIT, or had prof that spoke English, maybe we would have learned something from it. But as it stands, it stands taking up space in my bookshelf.

Call it coincidence, but this course was taught by a guy named Bose. Not from MIT, and knew "gedo" (as he would pronounce it) about "oofers and tweezers". (He really did pronounce it that way.)

Now, if he only had a good vindaloo recipe that he could have shared, all would have been forgotten!

Obviously just some redneck. And not even from "API".
"Major Danby, sir."
"Danby. D-A-N-B-Y."
"Take him out and shoot him."
"Sir?"
"I said take him out and shoot him. Can't you hear?"