Author Topic: Yeah, just what is wrong with op-amps?  (Read 770 times)

Gen. Dreedle

• Commander, Alabama wing, Confederate Air Farce
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Yeah, just what is wrong with op-amps?
« on: November 03, 2016, 09:20:13 AM »
(Or as the guy who told me about this: "It isn't about op-amps. It is about my dick is bigger than your dick!")

Well, not sure I would go that far, but..................

Anyway, over at DIYA, it is another Masters of the Universe vs The Peons food fight. And since we know who the Mods are........................yeah, not exactly a clean fight. (But, when where fights supposed to be clean?)

So, let me add my incoherent blathering...................(hell, why not?)

Mind you, I have only read the last few current pages, so keep that in mind. I'm sure there is a ton that I have missed, and I am only glad to have missed it.

OK, first.....................

I get telling someone "That is stupid. You don't want to do that."

I've done that, many times. But only because I know it is stupid, because I already tried it. Not because "I know more about everything than you do, because I am a Master of the Universe." (No, you aren't, actually. But, it is a free country, and you are free to pretend so.)

Every time I tell them something is stupid, I get attacked, from all sides. Usually by people who really are stupid. Rather than listen, they tell me I don't know what I am talking about. Which sounds funny, coming from people that really don't know what they are talking about.

But, anyway.................

Face it: some folks aren't going to listen, no matter what. Deal with it. But, no...............not the Masters of the Universe. They continue, on their high horse, bound and determined to stop anyone and everyone from defying their infinite wisdom and knowledge. Because, after all, that is what Masters of the Universe do. (Sounds a lot like politics, right? "I.............I..............I can't do that. The Constitution prevents me from doing that. It isn't like I am king, or something." And then they turn around and do it, anyway.)

"But there isn't any control!"

Well, yes, there is: a piece of wire.

If you take a piece of wire, and replace it with a long string of op-amps................if op-amps really do sound different.................well, multiply that difference by, say 20 x, and if it is something  that should be heard, if it exists, then you should then be able to hear it. (Not saying it does. It probably does. But, maybe not enough to be heard in singularity.)

Now, what is so radical, or earth shaking about that?

Well, nothing. In fact, it has been going in, at lots of high-end companies that I know of, for as long as I have been around that industry. So, want to try again, why it is stupid, is a waste of time, and must be stamped out?

AT ALL COSTS.

Because, that sort of thing never happens, in the real world. Why would you want to waste your time with that nonsense?

I guess none of them have ever seen inside of a mixing board.

Which is also why some recordings sound like crap. But, what do I know?
"Major Danby, sir."
"Danby. D-A-N-B-Y."
"Take him out and shoot him."
"Sir?"
"I said take him out and shoot him. Can't you hear?"

Kryten

• Huh.
    • View Profile
Re: Yeah, just what is wrong with op-amps?
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2016, 06:43:44 AM »
Still going on, no resolution yet...
Been fixing and listening to audio for waaay too long....

Gen. Dreedle

• Commander, Alabama wing, Confederate Air Farce
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Yeah, just what is wrong with op-amps?
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2017, 10:00:34 AM »
And this surprises whom?

About as much fun as watching the demonrats and the republicants throwing mud at each other.
"Major Danby, sir."
"Danby. D-A-N-B-Y."
"Take him out and shoot him."
"Sir?"
"I said take him out and shoot him. Can't you hear?"